In India tress, plants, flowers roots have a great importance in Indian
society. Tulsi is one of the most important plant which commonly found in India at almost all Hindus homes. Tulsi holy basil is a sacred plant in Hindu
Beliefs. Hindu regarded it is earthly manifestation of the Goddess Tulsi/Vrinda another name of her, she is regarded as a great worshipper of the God Vishnu.
Tulsi is an ayuvedic herb made from the leaves of Tulsi plant. Tulsi(ocimum Sanctum) is a distant cousin to “culinary basil” but it is an entirely unique species with different medical properties reversed for its remarkable healing qualities, holy basil has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years and is one India’s most cherised plants.
Tulsi, a part incarnation of Laxmi takes birth for well-being of human society. There are many versions of the story according decide to the vidhi of vidhan and for well-being of human society.
One day Saraswati Devi, Ganga and Laxmi Devi were fighting among themselves and disrespected each other and curse each other because of one misundestanding. Saraswati Devi thought Laxmi Devi didn’t offer her for a sit. She thought it was big insult of her so she cursed her that she have separated from lord Vishnu and birth on earth in a manav avtar as a human being and then born as a plant and married to a Aasura (demon). Goddess Ganga was also present at that time at that moment. She was not able to tolerate the injustice which was done to Laxmi Devi so she cursed Saraswati Devi. So she will flow as a river on the earth then Saraswati Devi got angry and cursed Ganga Devi that she will also flow as a river and come contact with unholy people and remove all their sins. After that incident later Laxmi Devi was born on earth as Vrinda’s names. She was born as beautiful princes of demon king Kaalnemi. She was so meritorious. She was married to Jalandhar who was a powerful part of lord Shiva. Jalandhar was a powerful part of lord Shiva. Jalandhar had immense power. He was born out of fire from lord Shiva’s third eye. Jalandhar fell in love with princes Vrinda, who was an extremely chaste and a devoted lady. Vrinda was a great devotee of lord Vishnu whereas.
Jalandhar hated all the gods, yet the two were destined to get married. It is said that after marrying Vrinda, Jalandhar become invincible because her chastity and devotion multiplied his strength. Even lord Shiva could not defeat Jalandhar. His arrogance grew and he aimed to become the supreme power of the universe by defeating lord Shiva. The gods grew in secure of Jalandhar’s growing powers. They went to lord Vishnu for help. His ardent devotee and he threat posed by Jalandhar to all the duties, lord Vishnu decided to play a trick. While Jalandhar was busy in a battle with lord Shiva, Vishnu came to Vrinda disguising as Jalandhar. Vrinda could not recognize him at first and went to greet him thinking that Jalandhar has returned. But as soon as she touched lord Vishnu, she realized that he was not her husband. Her chastity was shattered and Jalandhar become vulnerable. Realizing her mistake , Vrinda asked lord to show his real form she was shattered to see that she was tricked by her own lord .seeing lord Vishnu disguising as Jalandhar and tricking her to break her chastity . Vrinda cursed lord Vishnu. She gave the curse that lord Vishnu would turn into a stone. Lord Vishnu accepted the curse and he turned into the stone. Which is found near the Gandaka river.
After this, Jalandhar was killed by lord Shiva. since, he was not under the protection of his wife’s chastity anymore Vrinda was also heart broken and end her life. she decided to suicide before Vrinda died lord Vishnu blessed her with a boon that she would be known as Tulsi and would be worshiped will never be deemed complete without the leaf of Tulsi.
Tulsi Shri Sakhi Shubh Pap Harini PunyaA powerful Tulsi Mantra
Namaste naradmuni narayani manah priye
Hence, since the Tulsi forms an inseparable part of Hindu rituals.
The unfortunate goddess was finally blessed and turned into plant who resides in almost every house to bless everyone with good health.
Tulsi in traditional Indian medicine system is considered as a tonic which retains youth and avoid anti-ageing.
Tulsi is known as the queen of herbs and rich in Phytonutrients. Tulsi contains minerals like vitamin a beta-carotene, potassium, iron, copper, magnesium. It is a stress buster helps in the management of tension and anxiety. Tulsi is good for heart disease. Tulsi has endless miraculous and medicinal values and have been worshiped and highly valued in India for thousands of years. Even by going close to a Tulsi plant it can protect you from many infections and free from anxiety.
Tulsi has powerful anti-oxidant like turmeric, anti, anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-allergic, anti-disease properties. Intake of Tulsi help to fight more than 100 disease as for example swine-flu, flu, dengue, fever, cough, cold, joint pain, blood pressure, excess weight, diabetics, sugar, allergy hepatitis, urine disorder, gout, piles, pyria, hemorrhage, swollen lungs, ulcer, stress, kidney stone problem tiredness, vomiting etc.
Benefits of Tulsi-
- Helpful for kidney stone disease- basil has strengthening effect on the kidney. In case of stone regularly taking a mixture of basils leaves juice and honey for 6 months helps expel the stones via the urinary.
- Helpful for stress- Tulsi leaves are regarded as anti-stress agents. Recent studies have shown that the leaves afford significant protection against stress even healthy people can chew 12 leaves of basil twice a day to prevent stress. It purifies blood and helps prevent several common elements.
- Helpful for headaches- Due to pain relieving decongestant properties. Tulsi can help in reducing headaches; migraines and sinusitis drink a cup of hot organic Tulsi tea or a facial stream of dried basil leaves can effectively reduce your migraine.
- Quiting smoking- Chewing Tulsi leaves can help chain smokers get rid of the addiction. It is more useful than using nicotine paths and gum in resisting the urge.
- Aids in digestion – It works as appetizer and promotes digestion by helping in secretion of digestive enzymes.
- For curing diabetes- Keep Tulsi root powder in water overnight and take it early morning . The medicinal property of the plant helps maintain in sulin level in the body and is a natural cure for diabetes.
- Helpful for heart- Tulsi helps in reducing the risk of cardiac disease reducing blood pressure and cholesterol level. Tulsi herb contain vitamin c and anti-oxidant like eugenal that protect the heart from cardicals .
- Helps to keeps skin healthy and glowing- Tulsi leaves are rich in vitamin C, carotene, calcium and phosphorus and is good for your skin. It reducing blemishes and keeping the skin. Young and fresh make a face pack of Tulsi leaves mixed with rose water to give the skin a healthy glow.
- Glucose lowering effect- reduction of fasting blood sugar was observed with the addition of ocinum sanctum leaf powder to die of diabetic uranic acid and total acids were also reduced.
- Respiratory problems- chewing holy basil leaves helps in relieving minor colds and cough. A decoction of Tulsi leaves with ginger and honey can beneficial in the treatment of asthma ,bronchitis, cold and flu you can boil some tulsi leaves to make a gargle for a sore throat.
- It relieves from vomiting.
- For itching or wheals Tulsi leaves are made into a paste and applied over skin.
- For bad breath- Chewing one or two holy basil leaves daily helps to relieve bad breath by improving digestion.
- For sinusitis headaches- Tulsi’s fresh leaves are crushed to extract juice. Two drop of this juice are put into both nastrils on an empty stomach. This helps to relieve sinusitis related.
- it is useful in infectious eye disorders crush few leaves and take few drops of tulsi eyes.
- due to its vata pacifying effect it relieves resultant pain in the flanks. Keeping Tulsi plants in home said to bring peace and prosperity.
Recipe of Tulsi Tea
An easy way to use Tulsi daily is as follow take 10-12 tulsi leaves was them and shred them . If fresh leaves are not available , take 1/2tsp of dry Tulsi leaves boil them in about 1 cup of water on a medium flame and reduce to half strain and enjoy. You may add a little ginger and clove and elaichi while making this tea for extra benefits (avoid milk and tea).
Recipe of tasty Tulsi Kada
Boil 1 cup of milk with half cup of honey mixed with 20 to 30 Tulsi leaves crushed along with clove crushed and elaichi powder and dalchini(cindamon crused) medium flame and reduce to half strain and energy.
This was my blog please guys support & bless me.